Become a Member
When you join The Arc of Oklahoma, you become part of an established system that, for more than 60 years, has fought to enable people with developmental disabilities to live fulfilling, self-directed lives in the community of their choice.
Included among the benefits of The Arc of Oklahoma membership are:
- Participation in a strong advocacy voice that is heard on the local, state, and national levels.
- Receipt of quarterly newsletters that keep you informed about current events and important developments in the field of developmental disabilities, legislative action, volunteer opportunities, special needs, and special events.
- A voice in The Arc of Oklahoma governance through your vote to elect new directors and revise bylaws.
- Membership in The Arc of the United States.
When you join The Arc of Oklahoma, your annual dues payment helps us to:
- Create community awareness of developmental disabilities and related issues.
- Help consumers identify needs and secure services.
- Promote legislative awareness and social action.
- Provide information, formal training, and technical support on developmental disabilities topics.
- Convene support groups and coordinate the efforts of consumers.
- Coordinate volunteers to advocate for people with disabilities who do not have family members to assist them.
- Help people speak for themselves.
The costs of the different levels of The Arc of Oklahoma membership are as follows:
Individual membership: $50 per year
Family membership: $90 per year
Self-Advocate: $35 per year